Friday, April 20, 2012

Interview with Author Steena Holmes

 
 
1. Please tell us about your book Finding Emma and what lead you to write about this subject?
 
I was sitting on my couch and watching my children play on our front lawn when my youngest disappeared from sight. I waited a few seconds for her to reappear ... and it was during those seconds that Emma's story played out in my head - literally. I knew I wanted to write a story that would touch every mother's heart. I love tear-jerker, heart gripping type stories that I don't want to put down - and I wanted Emma's story to be like that as well.

 
2. Who or what inspired you to become an author?
 
My husband! He knew that there was this 'deep' longing inside of me to write, but I was too afraid to. I knew nothing about writing - but that didn't matter. He encouraged me to face my fear of the unknown - and once I did - once I started to jot down ideas and then type them out on the computer, it was amazing. The words wouldn't stop!

 
3. What is your next book project?
 
I am currently writing Emma's Secret - I've had so much reader interaction, discussions and input for this story - I can't wait till it's released!

 
4. What are your goals as a writer?
 
To write full time! I have children and I want to show them that it is possible to listen to your heart, follow your dreams and see them be successful!


5. What books have most influenced your life?
 
Too many to count. I love the Secret Key - have you read it? You should! I cried so hard.

 
6. What is your favorite Quote?
 
In the end, all things succumb to the passions of your heart. It's true!

 
7. What advice would you give to an aspiring author?
 
Write. Just write. Don't worry about the 'rules' or the 'techniques' or even what other people are doing. Just write your heart story. Let it pour out of you until you can say it's done. Then do your homework. Take courses on writing craft, read books in your genre, read writing books, find some beta readers who are not family/friends and who will be honest with you. But first - just write! Everything else will fall into place. It's what I did with my first book - I just wrote - and then I won a publishing contest! If I can do it - so can you!
 

Author of the new heart wrenching story "Finding Emma", Steena is a woman who believes that 'in the end, everything succumbs...to the passions of your heart'. Steena's life revolves around her family, friends and fiction.
She took those passions and made them a dream come true by pouring her heart into each of her stories.
Her newest release - FINDING EMMA is a heart-wrenching story of when devotion borders on obsession, a mother must choose between her family and finding her missing daughter.
Reviews for Steena Holmes:
"Finding Emma is a heartbreaking story of a mother's journey of hope...captured by the emotion and depth of the characters from the beginning."
"FINDING EMMA may be the most heart-wrenching and heart-warming book I have ever read...Tense, emotional and realistic it will ring your emotions dry."

Steena Holmes
In the end all things succumb to the passions of your heart.

Please visit me at: www.steenaholmes.com
 
Come join the conversation on my Facebook Page:

Thank you so much for this interview Steena! I'm delighted!
 
Stephanie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment